Launch 2009: The Bank of Papua New Guinea launched the National Payment System Development Programme on the 30th of November 2009. The announcement was made by the Retired Governor of the Bank of Papua New Guinea, Sir Wilson L. Kamit, CBE, at a seminar that was organised in conjunction with the Institute of National Affairs (INA).
Update 2015: Following the successful development of a new NPS Act 2013 and the implementation of an Interbank Transfer System (KATS) BPNG presented plans for the next three years at an event on 27th November 2015.
- BPNG Enhances Digital Financial Services
- The Retail Electronic Payments System (REPS) 1st Anniversary
- National Switch Goes Live BPNG Achieves Milestone
- Bank of PNG Buys National Electronic Payments Switch
- Strategy and Action Plan for the Development of the PNG National Payments System 2015-2018
- Overview of the NPS Strategy (A4 handout)
National Payments System Development Project
Request for Information for Provision of Services and Products for the Retail Electronic Payments System (REPS)